Thanks To Yanks needs you!
We are always seeking volunteers to help us deliver our events and programs which support military members, veterans and their families. A little time and dedication can go a long way for our board and at our upcoming events:· Some volunteer roles we are looking for include:
- Event Volunteers
- Grant writers
- Board of Director – Secretary
- Board of Director – Volunteer Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant
To join the Thanks To Yanks volunteer team, please complete the Volunteer Information Form. We will add you to our volunteer database and mailing list. If you are interested in our two board positions, please review the job descriptions below and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the your name, contact details, and why you are interested.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the following activities as it relates to assessing and meeting the organization’s needs:
- The recruitment, replacement and retention of volunteers
- Tracking of volunteer activity
o Who did what and when
o Hours completed, etc.
- Soliciting help in a consistent format
- Ensure all names are provided to marketing director for entry into mailchimp
- Maintain the data base of volunteers
o Records all additions, changes and deletions
o Provide periodic updates to Board of Directors on numbers
- Coordinate the matching of volunteers to events
Provides annual report/data for use in assessing established organizational goals
The Secretary is responsible for the following activities as it relates to assessing and meeting the organization’s needs:
- BOD Meeting Minutes
o Recording of all conversation, action items and owners
o Timely distribution of meeting minutes – within 2 weeks of Board meeting
o Delivered via email in a consistent format
o Provide for storage of materials and ease of access for BOD members
- Create, maintain, and update templates for all communication types
o Thank you letters
- Others as requested by the BOD
- Maintain a record/log of all communications sent and received
- Proper and timely notice of scheduled meetings
- Provides annual report/data for use in assessing established organizational goals
Thank you for your willingness to help us help those who serve(d).