Join us for a volunteer information event at the Granite Room at the Milford Town Library, 80 Spruce Street, Milford, MA on Feb 27th from 6-7pm.
Thanks To Yanks needs volunteers like you!
We are always seeking volunteers to help us deliver our events and programs which support military members, veterans and their families. A little time and dedication can go a long way at our upcoming events:·
- Thanks To Yanks Magic Show – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017 at Hanscom Air Force Base
- 3rd Annual All You Can Eat Breakfast Fundraiser – 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (set-up) on Saturday, April 8 and 6:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Sunday April 9 at St. Blaise Church, Bellingham, MA
- 3rd Annual Comedy Fundraiser – 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017 at 146 South Main Street, Milford, MA
Some volunteer roles we are looking for include:
- Event Volunteers
- Grant writers
- Solicitation of donations
- Seek Sponsorships
- Help buying and putting together care packages
- Help collecting and distributing back to school and holiday supplies
- Behind the scenes folks (mailings, centerpieces for events etc.)
To join the Thanks To Yanks volunteer team, please complete the Volunteer Information Form. We will add you to our volunteer database and mailing list. All volunteers at an event will receive a Thanks To Yanks volunteer shirt.
Thank you for your willingness to help us help those who serve(d).
By you volunteering with your time/donation, etc. you are helping a veteran/service member:
- get a new furnace with the assistance of the Marine Corps League
- pay closing costs on a home built by Habitat for Humanity working through the local VSO
- return a car after it was towed during a snow storm with assistance from Project New Hope and VSO
- help with back payment of storage costs and delivery of personal belongings
Currently, we have 9 new additional requests for assistance that are being vetted.